Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Gah, f'in day

I'm actually close to tears. Long letters from long lost friends on a bad day really helps in the cheering up department. And how is it that when I'm starting to feel better is when I want to cry?

I really should learn not to cram too many responsibilities into one day, but at least today is pretty much over for me. Maybe next time, I'll learn. I signed up to teach two English classes' library sessions (from 8 to 11! - 3 HOURS!) on the same day that my group project for collection development was due (today). Stupid, Alisa.

Luckily, preparation for the English classes wasn't too difficult; they were the same instructor, two different sessions. It was a fun topic, too. The group project was super stressful though. Not going into that on here.

So the first class this morning was pretty great for an 8 am class, especially considering that's before I usually ever wake up in the first place. The 9:30 class was lacking though. Partially my fault (I jumped around too much and was a little unorganized), and partially their fault for being zombies in their seats and not answering my questions! I was very flustered after class was over when I realized that I hadn't even finished writing part of the group project. I had an hour to remedy that.

I was so happy when I got out of Collection Development at 1:45... I had been watching the clock all class, it seems. I was planning on going home and breaking out the SCOTCH and watching TV and knitting. I checked my cell phone for messages (saw that Katie called! YAY!) and got a message from Campus Security saying my keys were left in my scooter this morning. It was 1:50 pm when I checked my messages, and it was 7:15 am when I parked my scooter in front of Student Stores - one of the highest traffic areas!!! Of course, my keys were not there when I checked. I called Campus Security back and the lovely dispatch lady called the cop who saw the keys and it turns out he took them for safe keeping. THANK YOU!

So the lesson to learn from this is that if you happen to unfortunately schedule a heavy workday on top of a heavy schoolday, make sure your brain is turned all the way on before heading to campus, especially if it's before 9 am.

But I sure was happy to open up my email and read a loving letter from my friend Ellie. And tomorrow is lunch with Katie! My week seems to be looking up.

No comments: