Today was quite a success! I don't know what it was that prompted today to be a better day than yesterday, but today was amazing. Hell, it even started last night. Here are the highlights from the last 24 hours, in no particular order:
- I had dinner with my mom at Elmo's, then we came back to my apartment and cleaned the bathrooms and kitchen while chatting about life. The lone screw holding the dishwasher in place jumped out, making the dishwasher fall forward when the drawers were pulled out. I strong-armed the thing back in place and fixed it all by myself!
- I had an immensely pleasurable scooter ride through Carrboro to the CBL yesterday and for the first time really opened it up and went a whole 45 mph! The smells of wisteria and spring were rich as ever and the wind through my hair and loose shirt was heaven.
- I actually got both anonymous blog comments for my public libraries class posted on time! And then today in class both presenters said, "I don't know who, but someone posted on the blog that blah blah blah" and both times it was my brilliant thoughts! The first time, I let it pass by without a reaction mostly because the shock of hearing it brought me out of my personal make-class-pass-faster reverie, but the second time I could barely hide my little smile.
- I got an extension for a paper due today that I had procrastinated on to the point of being unable (or unwilling) to get done on time. The extension was granted for Monday, but I buckled down after class today and within only 1.5 hours, wrote, edited, printed, and turned in 3 pages about Deborah Tannen's ability to communicate information. Huzzah!
- Under the guise of having to pick up Matt from the airport (which was originally true when I asked -- until AA cancelled 900 flights), I got my evening shift at the Collaboratory covered tonight. So now, instead of having to work or drive to the airport, I get a free evening for some real much needed R&R.
- I reorganized my iGoogle homepage to include a handy dandy to do list (one thing is now marked off thanks to number 3) that still shows completed items for that nice sense of accomplishment. And I signed up for Google Reader and put that on my iGoogle homepage so I can read all my favorite blogs by RSS.
- I was let in on a hilarious werkplace secret by a cowerker. Another cowerker has set up a lovely little blog that I won't post on here in order to maintain its anonymity. But if you're nice to me, I might share it on a one-on-one basis. Maybe. If you ask. And if you're nice. Maybe.
- This morning, I completed my first run-through edit of the entire Park Library cataloging manual. After single-handedly changing much policy and procedure, there was much to delete, update, rewrite, and compose.
- The Office is back! And my long-lost special friend Laura and her man Dan are coming over to watch it! The only thing that could make this better is if Matt were coming too.
No comments:
Post a Comment