On the new Without a Trace tonight, the editor for the high school paper said that the missing girl used his LexisNexis account to "find an unlisted address for some guy." Now I have NEVER heard about LexisNexis having this kind of information. I mean like NEVER. LexisNexis is a great resource for news, government, and legal information, but unlisted addresses --WHAT??
AND if you could do that in that specific database... do you think some high school kid (who usually have never even heard of databases, let alone how to USE them) would know how to find that kind of information????? I don't!
The other thing that baffles me is that if they were going to do that serious of name dropping, wouldn't they be sure that you could actually do the kind of thing they claim to be able to do? Makes me wonder. I need to do some serious library sleuthing to figure this one out. A call to Laura yielded no clues.
18 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment