First, I need to tell you this. What really drives a librarian nuts is not being able to find something online that really ought to be there!!!! Matt just told me that he's presenting his research stuff from App at UNC's student union for some poster presentation thing they're having on Tuesday (March 4). Less than a week. So shouldn't they be promoting this event? You'd think. He mentioned a bunch of SILS people (from my program) that will have posters there too. In fact, it sounds like most people doing this are from SILS. I searched UNC's homepage for anything along the lines of "research day" and found some references to a "University Research Day" and some medical school stuff, but no events for any kind of research days, not to mention anything for next week! I searched the SILS page where they tend to announce this kind of stuff. Nothing. I searched my email for anything from the listservs that mentioned research of any kind. NOTHING! Come on, UNC. Even App promoted their research day. Do they expect people want to do all this work on posters that nobody will see?
That's it for now. Possibly another less ranty post later tonight.
18 years ago
1 comment:
wait, we had a research day? I don't even know what that is.
Post a Comment