Saturday, December 20, 2008

BBQ Fan/Light

Yesterday after work I met up with Matt at University Mall in Chapel Hill to get some semi-last minute Christmas shopping out of the way. We were doing some serious perusing around Dillard's when we happened upon this gem:

Flexible Neck BBQ Fan/Light.

I wish I was able to upload the picture from my cell phone, but it's stuck in the stone age and has crippled Bluetooth functionality (meaning, no data transfer) and I'm too cheap to pay to upload photos. Aaaaaanyway, here's an image that's a lot more descriptive than the one on the box (which lacks the grill - which would have explained a lot. Instead I stood there saying, "What the hell is a barbeque fan/light? What does that have to do with barbeque??" Obviously, I'm a purebred North Carolinian, where "barbeque" means smoked pig, not a dinky grill with kabobs...):


I'm just baffled by this list of features:

  • 5" swivel fan
  • LED Lamp
  • AM/FM Radio
  • Timer
  • LCD Clock
  • 18" flexible neck
  • 4" strong clamp
  • Uses 4 "C" batteries (yep, there were quotation marks)
It's really a shame this was $70 because my family is all about weird gifts. One year we got a battery operated pepper grinder with a light on the bottom. It's been a Christmas legend ever since. This is the first thing I've seen that would trump that.

No comments: