Monday, October 20, 2008

Some people...

I just got tickets to see James Taylor tonight! They were giving them out at Morehead by the early voting stuff. I went to the Democrat booth and asked about the tickets and this woman gave me hell for not wanting to vote today. She was like, "Well that's what James Taylor wants and why he's doing the concert, so people will vote early." I was like, "Well I like James Taylor and I really want to see him, but I also want to vote on Election Day. As a citizen, it's my right to vote and I choose to vote ON Election Day. I find it patriotic." And she was all like, "Well it's not the law or anything and I'm not saying I'm in charge and it's your choice... But really you shouldn't go see James Taylor without voting first because that's what he's promoting." (Which is BS because he's promoting Obama - for whom I plan to vote). And then she didn't tell me where to get the tickets. She was really pissing me off! Eventually she told someone else and I just followed them. The guy handing out the tickets asked if I voted and I said I would on Election Day and he smiled and said "one or two tickets?"

1 comment:

Katie Bonk said...

What a bitty. You could've really ticked her off and told her how much you love and respect Sarah Palin. But then your skin might've melted off.